[DeTomaso] radiator fan connection

deserttwist at juno.com deserttwist at juno.com
Sat Mar 6 15:41:54 EST 2010

Hi all ,Sue back here still trying to get our car together. I will say it is all painted and the motor on fire up stand just waintin to jump in there. One hold up, we bought a new fluidyne radiator and on the left wiring Blue-Black there is some kind of diode or resister , on the Blue wire. I think the nbr on it is FCG5986? On the passenger side ther is a Yellow wire with a diode or resister also. They are cylinderal, about 1/2 inch long and 3/8 inch dia. What would be the best way to wire in the new 16" fan. We do have the original thermostats/ upper & lower.  Should we get rid of the old system and start over. A diagram would help. Thanks Sue and Darrell