[DeTomaso] radiator fan connection

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 16:06:01 EST 2010

The diode is there to keep current from flowing back thru the circuit when not desired,
so keep the diodes in place.

The diode is like a one-way door.  The arrow or triangle points in the direction it
will allow electron flow.

This is what has happened to some without a diode.

They are driving along (hot enough for the fan(s) to be running).  They stop and shut off
the key, but the engine keeps running!!!

What has happened is that the rotating fan acts as a generator, and converts magnetic
energy (in general terms - don't jump on me here electrical gurus) to electrical current,
that flows back to the system and continues to energize the ignition system, keeping the
engine running...

Chuck

Hi all ,Sue back here still trying to get our car together. I will say it is all painted
and the motor on fire up stand just waintin to jump in there. One hold up, we bought a new
fluidyne radiator and on the left wiring Blue-Black there is some kind of diode or
resister , on the Blue wire. I think the nbr on it is FCG5986? On the passenger side ther
is a Yellow wire with a diode or resister also. They are cylinderal, about 1/2 inch long
and 3/8 inch dia. What would be the best way to wire in the new 16" fan. We do have the
original thermostats/ upper & lower.  Should we get rid of the old system and start over.
A diagram would help. Thanks Sue and Darrell
Hotel
Hotel pics, info and virtual tours.  Click here to book a hotel online.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=nn8laE0HVbdvCOsVuGL3pAAAJ1A35O5MiuCYwAoftLyh
HtqLAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=