[DeTomaso] Weld Wheels

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Mar 5 13:42:28 EST 2010

Weld makes several diiferent kinds of wheels. I use one Weld drag-race
wheel, made with spun aluminum rims and a cast-mag center, rivited together. It
mounts my collapsible spare- about the only place on a Pantera I'd recommend
such wheels. They also make cast-aluminium wheels which are safe to use on
street cars; look for the SEMA seal on such wheels. That means they were
load-tested; drag race wheels aren't tested the same. Three-piece wheels
whether bolted or rivited   often cannot go around corners safely without cracking
at the bolt-circle, and the lightweight spun rims tend to crack with time.
Good luck- J DeRyke