[DeTomaso] Gumball's charitable cause

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 23:15:42 EDT 2010

Go to the FAQ on the Gumball sight and see the question:*Ihttp://
www.gumball3000.com/rally/faq#question1*
*is it for charity?*
Gumball is not specifically organised for charity – however, each year the
event promotes various causes and charities - proactive through the generic
media that surrounds the event and its participants – and also allowing
participants to take part solely to represent and promote a relevant cause.
Over the years we have granted several wishes for the ‘Make-A-Wish
Foundation’, and raised awareness for Everyman – Testicular Cancer, and
Boarding for Breast Cancer. Both Maximillion and Julie are also proactive
with supporting charities independently from the Gumball – and for the past
two years Julie has chaired the Eve Appeal Charity in the UK – raising funds
and support for ovarian cancer.
So the short answer is no. Like I said they may  allow certain charities to
benefit vis publicity but of the $14,000,000 ($14 million dollars collected
in entrance fees for the 2008 even (120 entrants at $120,000 each no cash
went to charity. Hey flying 120 cool jerks half way around the world isn't
cheap!
Boyd