[DeTomaso] Reno fun rally car mods comment

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 21:27:09 EDT 2010

One thing i wanted to mention to the group about the Reno Fun Rally was the ability to see so many different things that people have done to there cars.There was an announcement at the dinner Saturday about how many cars were flared,had wings aftermarket wheels etc.
In fact a stock car was a rarity.I think only 7 Panteras out of 55 at the show on the plaza still had original campi's.One of which had the extremely rare Group 4 wheels!
Anyway,my point is you get to see in person what changes you like or dislike,or what actually worked as an improvement or not.
One thing that stuck out was the LED tail lights on Brent Stewarts red Pantera.I was in a line of several Panteras coming back from the Summit Racing car show as the sun was setting and his car stuck out like a light house from all the other cars on the highway.I first spotted him from around a mile or so behind him as i was trying to catch up to the group.It was really easy to keep track of him in all the traffic.
I plan on converting to LED tail lights one i make a final decision on which lights i want,Group 4/early style or to stay with the regular L type i have now.
I think it would be a safety improvement in that people will see the car better at night.Plus the lights have the appearance of a flash when you hit the brakes so less chance of being rear ended in an accident.
Anyway just my 2 cents and hoping to help prevent any damage to one of our cars,Richard