[DeTomaso] front hood headlight buckets rubber grommets on 1972 detomaso pantera

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Sat Jul 31 12:00:35 EDT 2010

Friends,

The Gumball Pantera is reaching the end of its restoration. It has taken so
 long I have forgotten what the car feels and sounds like.

A friend of mine flew me up to see the car in northern Vermont.  A  few
things the body shop has had problems with are the following.

The windshield gasket was a nightmare but once I found an Italian made
original type gasket the windshield mounted in under 15 minutes.

The bodyshop had to put washers between the hood and the hinge to keep the
hood from rubbing against the lower lip in front of the car . Is this
correct to  put washers or shims under the hinge ? The washers are under the
hinge where the  hinge holds the hood.This cannot be correct.  Is there a
correct way to  adjust the hood so that it does not rub the lower left and right
of the hood. Or  are the hood hinges bent?

The passenger side headlight bucket does not seem level .The lower left
corner of the bucket was sitting slightly up.Is there a trick to adjusting?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated so that I can forward to the
bodyshop..

Regards,
Robert
Gumball3000 #56

PS. There are also two rubber grommets in the rear engine compartment  that
hold the wires. These Grommets(2 to 3" in diameter) are located on the
left and right side near the rear ZF mounts. Anyone know where I can buy two of
 these Grommets?