[DeTomaso] FW: SSCC News Updates

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jul 31 11:46:44 EDT 2010

News Updates from Registration

Silver State Classic Challenge -- September 16-19, 2010

Media:

In September, the Japanese will be well represented again by Kazuhiko
Kono and Junichi Okada from "Supercar Net".

Pal-Avrid (Polly) Blytt will be participating in his 1986 Pontiac
Firebird in the Unlimited Division. "Amcar" magazine of Norway put out a
tour package at the beginning of the year, that sold out within 48
hours, for fellow Norwegians to watch Polly in his race down Hwy. 318

Also attending will be Norwegian Broadcasting for a television show
called "Folk" as well as German TV Broadcasting, GRIP.

Sam's Town Hotel, Las Vegas:

Time is running out to get the great rate at Sam's Town Hotel in Las
Vegas! The all inclusive rate of $45.00 per night is guaranteed until
August 31, 2010. After that you will be subject to hotel availability
and the going rate. Contact the Room Reservations Department (877)
593-5993 between 7:00am -- 9:00pm PST, and indicate that you are part of
the Silver State Classic Challenge Group -- Call-in Code: SILI10A

News Flash:

The 23^rd running of the SSCC takes place just one week after Patriot
Day and we will honor all military, both past and present.

Let me know if you are or were military, when you served and how you
became involved with the SSCC via email.

This event we have Captain William Keogh as our Grand Marshall.

  Capt. Keogh is a first time participant who first heard about the SSCC
from an old racing DVD, "Best of J.D.M Option International" when
Daijiro Inada ran his Nissan 350Z. Since then, he has wanted to compete
in the SSCC.

The University of Colorado at Boulder graduate became a commissioned
officer through the ROTC program. He has served in the US Army for three
years. In 2008 he was an infantry platoon leader in Southern Bagdad and
is now on his second deployment in Afghanistan for the past 8 months. He
is currently the Executive Officer for Forward Support Company, 3-187
Infantry Regiment, 101^st Airborne (Air Assault) Division based out of
Ft. Campbell, Kentucky.  He will be attending the event on his much
needed R&R.

When asked who is preparing his 1995 Acura NSX while he is overseas,
Will says "My dad is currently taking it out on Sunday drives to keep
the oil running. I will be putting together the rest of the interior and
engine mods myself when I get back beginning of September so that it's
all ready to go for SSCC!"

All Inclusive Package:

Remember our low entry fees are an all inclusive package!

Driver, navigator and crew are welcome to the Thursday Press Luncheon,
Thursday Cocktail Party, Friday Welcome Reception.

The entry fee also includes two (2) t-shirts and admits two (2) to the
Sunday Awards Banquet at Sam's Town Hotel, Las Vegas. Additional tickets
may be purchased.

Car Numbers:

All entries received and processed by August 31, 2010 will have
pre-printed car number decals. After that you will receive decals and
numbers separately and have the time consuming task of placing the
numbers on the decals then onto the car. So send in your entries and
save your time for visiting friends, checking out the competition and
the fun stuff!

Merchandise

We have t-shirts, hats, embroidered patches, 20^th Anniversary Posters,
and embroidered duffel bags for sale.

NEW this year are Embroidered Logo Polo Shirts (pre-order only).

You can either pre-order your merchandise (form attached) or purchase at
registration on race weekend.

If you would like any of these items mailed to you we will add $5.00 for
shipping.

See you all real soon!

Gail Waldman

SSCC Registration