[DeTomaso] Exhaust coating questions?

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Tue Jul 13 19:49:29 EDT 2010

I had bought a set of mild steel aftermarket GTS-style headers, hand brushed
them with some header paint and abused them for about a year or two.  They
had some minor surface rust in a few places as usual.  Then I sent them to
jethot for ceramic coating.  Was no problem and have held up beautifully for
about 10 years.  It's like a weird dream: Once upon a time headers just
slowly disintegrated, but now they last forever. Also way lowered the
radiant heating in the engine bay.  If you work around the hot headers, you
will likely contact them before noticing they are hot.  Easier to burn
yourself than prior to ceramic coating.