[DeTomaso] Removing Heater/AC ...

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 20:42:10 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/25/10 2:42:34 PM, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> Then, I removed the three bolts (one on each side and one on the top),
> pulled 3 wire connectors and she came out real easy.  The only "gotcha" is
> that the A/C switch has one wire (white/blk) that is actually soldiered on.
> So, I sniped that wire and will splice it in later.

Duct tape over all the seams of the heater/AC box will improve the air (hot
or cold) delivery a little, after you put things back together. Strategic
chunks of 'acky-pucky' (really,'plumbers tape') around openings where the
heater tubes go thru the box sides completes the job. Hope you won't have to do
this more than once....
What year was your car? The two-pod-dash cars have a problem with the
little clip-on lights for the windshield wiper & washer rocker switches.
Basically, these two switches won't go back thru the holes in the dash with the
lights clipped on, and unless you have long skinny fingers, there's not enough
vertical room to get them on when the switches are installed... Ford fixed
the problem with the late dash: there are no clip-on rocker switch lights.
Good luck- J Deryke