[DeTomaso] Removing Heater/AC ...

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Mon Jan 25 17:40:26 EST 2010

Thanks, guys.

I have the heater shut-offs and they work great.  However, even with the car up on a lift, the hoses running from the water pump to the cabin tubes were not going to come off.  So, I cut the lines on the heater core and used a shop vac to suck out about a cup of coolant for each of the two hoses.  Minimal spillage ...

Then, I removed the three bolts (one on each side and one on the top), pulled 3 wire connectors and she came out real easy.  The only "gotcha" is that the A/C switch has one wire (white/blk) that is actually soldiered on.  So, I sniped that wire and will splice it in later.

Cheers,
EA