[DeTomaso] surreptitious scoundrel-NPC

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Wed Jan 6 01:15:51 EST 2010

It's not your favorite car Laurie , it's mine!
Last week while on holiday I was poking around the POCA albums checking out everybodys pictures.
A few didn't have any pics at all ,which is just wrong, and with a few clicks I was able to upload my own pic to those albums!
But only if no pics had been added first. I wondered how I was able to do this as it seemed very un-secure.
Not that any of us upstanding POCA members would do such a thing but....it shouldn't even be possible IMHO, but when you see a button that says "Don't push" on the dashboard what do you do?
Then I found some Albums with existing pics gave me the permission to add sub/albums and even new items,which I didn't but was possible for me or anybody to do.
Maybe that is the intent of the software and is a nice option if you choose to invite others to contribute to your page.
But you should check your options for your albums to eliminate possible "horseplay" if that's not what you want.

What I did was go to-
your album options>edit permissions>group permissions and deleted all of the options for sharing except "(core)view all versions" in the group permissions.
Hopefully this eliminated any possible additions to my album in the future.
I would suggest anybody who wants to secure their album do the same.
Just in case a surreptitious scoundrel who loves 86 vettes pays a visit....
Matt

ps-Laurie you ARE a good sport!

Message: 73