[DeTomaso]   NPC: Traffic fatalities in Sweden 2009

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 14:54:13 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/4/10 11:45:27 AM, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> Here in California there is no requirement for ANY driver education if
> you are over 18 years old.

FWIW, all four of my CA kids got non-State-authorized "drivers training": I
took them out to autocrosses until I was sure they could handle a sliding
car for whatever reason, in all kinds of weather since we ran events in heavy
rain as well as sunshine. This was much preferred to having them find out
about sliding cars while in 6 lanes of heavy traffic surrounded by typical
sleeping drivers.
They also found out that no matter what kind of hero you think you are,
there's always someone out there that's faster and a better driver than you
are..... Highly recommended for ALL kids- J Deryke