[DeTomaso] cooling question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Dec 4 14:31:35 EST 2010

Thanks for the encouraging words.

I have to say, though, that although I absolutely love the car, especially driving it (which is the main reason I bought it--even though I really enjoy the shows, too), after the $9000.00-new-motor-fiasco (I still don't think the motor is running as well as it should), a teeny-tiny bit of discouragement began to infect my brain.

Having to have the car returned to my house on a flat-bed tow truck while coming home from a 150-mile trip in September didn't help, and now experiencing a leak in a new (less than 10,000 miles) radiator, with all new hoses, is causing me to consider changing my Pantera's name from Pandora to Christine.  And we all know how it turned out for the owner of the silver screen Christine...!

Sincerely,

Chris

PS:  Our annual PNW Christmas party is tonight, and my wife said there is no way she's going to travel there with me in the Pantera.  Although the old joke would have me say, "OK dear, I'll tell everyone at the party you said 'Hi!'" I'll instead probably be driving one of our other cars to the event.

Maybe all I need is a little Pantera Club Christmas cheer.