[DeTomaso] Wheel Question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 20:41:11 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/23/10 9 50 30, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> If one wanted to put Campys back on the car for shows, events, etc.  Can
> one
> put 8" x 15" all the way around and skip using the 7" altogether, since
> 10"
> are pricey and getting harder to find.
>
>>>Yes, absolutely.

This is a recommended technique, in the event that 10-inch wheels aren't
available.   Jack DeRyke has been running 8s on all four corners for years.

> >If so, what sizes are the  fattest that work and look good.  I currently
> run
> 245/45/17 in the front on 17 x 8 and 315/35/17 on 17 x 11 in the rear (
> they
> were out of stock on 335 when I needed tires ).
>
>>>Generally, 225/50-15 is used on the front (I have 245/50-15 which is
about as big as you can safely get away with), and 295/50-15 in the rear (the
295 tires are a bit of a stretch on 8-inch wheels however; they are much
happier on 10-inch wheels).

> >I can't tell any difference aside from the look between the 315 and the
> 335,
> they are about 1" narrower.
>
>>>Chances are the car will handle better (that is, be more neutral) with
the 315s mounted.