[DeTomaso] I've got to get going on my restoration

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:54:54 EDT 2010

At one point I considered installing NACA ducts in the rear of the rocker panels to increase air flow.... it could be done realtively easily, but how much air it would provide I'm not sure.

Nathan Giles had a radical build with a roof cut out air scoop and a GT40 style front hood. IIRC it was far forward enough it avoided having to cut through the double walled structural hoop at the rear of the roof section. The car was dubbed the EX3 Pantera after his company, but it seems his website is no longer operational. It was featured in a PI article some time back.

The factory Group 5/C car had a NACA duct in the roof feeding an airbox (but this isn't exactly a standard Pantera shell)......

Julian