[DeTomaso] # of surviving cars

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:43:30 EDT 2010

What's the latest count on confirmed cars still in US?

I'm  working on a nation-wide insurance project for POCA.  Need an update on
how big the confirmed market is.

Thanks.

Tony,

Can I presume correctly you know about the DeTomaso Registry at www.ProvaMo.com?
I guess I could go look to see if your e-mail has an account...

Then what is the definition of "still exist"?  Meaning a car the owner is looking to
insure?  (way different than exists, yes?)

One way to get the answer is to perform a database search using the Search-By-Country
feature (select USA) on the ProvaMo registry.

One can also search based upon condition and can then subtract "parted out" & "destroyed"
which might be a total of 25-30 (world-wide).  Note that people are not often likely to
enter a car as destroyed.  You could also count cars in storage too.

Next "estimate" the number of cars that may NOT be present in the database and add that
'estimate'.  (How you come up with an estimate is your decision.)

I'll check a few things and get back to you personally.

Chuck