[DeTomaso] # of surviving cars

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 17:30:03 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/20/10 14 16 23, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> I talked to Hall last year before he passed. I know mine was done there
> but Hall and those at the shop said, yep, probably was, looks familiar,
> and that was all I could get from them. Obviously they were more
> concerned about Hall at the time and I was not about to press for more
> info.....BUT......It is a real shame Hall did not keep better records or
> his own little registry. It could have been comparable to something such
> as "Yenco".

Hall has fantastic records--I've seen them.   Or at least they HAD them.
They've got filing cabinets with copies of all their invoices, arranged
alphabetically.   You'll note that they always (or usually) ask for your car's
serial number when you place your order--or at least they did in the past.
So many/most of those invoices have that number annotated on them.

It's old-school, hand-written paper invoicing, and I don't know how far
back they go.   It's possible they purged their files from time to time, but it
strikes me as equally possible that they have every scrap of paper since
day one.   But they are very concerned with privacy issues and emphatically
won't share that information.   Maybe times have changed and they might
entertain the idea today, I don't know?