[DeTomaso] Modifying The Pantera Tach For 6A Tach Signal Direct Input

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 13:47:46 EDT 2010

Thomas,

The Pantera tachometer could be modified to use the TACH signal  directly
from 6A ignition box.
This would eliminate the requirements for the less than totally  reliable
tach adapters. The modification would require pulling the tach  from the car
and changing the input circuit filter consisting of R9, C1,  R8, and C2 on
the tachometer circuit board. I have not determined, done, or  tested the
required modifications.

I have posted the tachometer schematic at
_http://www.poca.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=18578_
(http://www.poca.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=18578) .  This schematic can be printed directly by right clicking and Print
Picture. This  print will be about 1/2 of a page in size. A full page schematic
can be had by  right clicking and Save Picture As and then printing the
picture as stored on  your computer.

If you make and test the required modifications, let me know what  works
and I will post an updated schematic.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 4/16/2010 11:51:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se writes:

SOBill at aol.com skrev:
> EA,
>

> Installation
> The White wire of the  8920 must be  connected to the Tach Signal
connection
> on the 6A.  The Tach  Signal connection on the 6A will have a 20% duty
cycle
> 12v   square wave on it. One pulse for each spark  occurrence.

This sounds like the tacho could be made to work by just bypassing the
series resistor on the tacho signal.

Didn't you have a schematic  for the  tacho?

Cheers,
Thomas