[DeTomaso] FUEL PUMP

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Apr 10 10:25:32 EDT 2010

Robert,

An 80 GPH pump will empty the tank in 15 minutes. How much more capacity do
you think you need? ;-) Seriously, I've got a similarly sized electric fuel
pump on my car and have had no issues. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge
close to the carb and ran the engine at WOT until I had valve float (in 4th
gear, i.e. under load), the pressure dropped only about 1 psi from the
pressure reading at idle.

Tomas