[DeTomaso] FUEL PUMP

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Sat Apr 10 12:04:28 EDT 2010

Dear Robert,

My experience: the high powered Holley fuel pump that I had for a few years required frequent adjustments of the fuel lines, then it quickly and mercifully died after only a few years worth of suboptimal service. I grew to dilike it greatly.
I replaced it with a stock 351C replacement pump (made in Mexico) from AutoZone and promptly went to the local road course race track where it performed as well as the Holley and it didn't require the fiddling with the fuel lines. It continued to work well for years until I pulled the engine and built another one with 440 hp, which also used a standard pump.
Given the likely ballpark HP level of your car, a standard fuel pump should work fine unless you're well above 450 hp and often in WOT situations.
IIRC, a standard NAPA 351C fuel pump is less than $20.00. The bling factor is pretty low, but nobody can see it in a Pantera installation..........

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles