[DeTomaso] starting problem

Dennis Yogi dhyogi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 18:54:16 EDT 2009

Back on the boards after my move from Hawaii to Las Vegas!  After arriving
here with the 5-0 pushbutton I discovered a starting problem that I've never
had before.  The car will crank but not turn over until I release the key,
after which the car starts right up. Once started, the car runs great.  I
checked the wiring which appears to be in correct order.  Figuring that
there may be a voltage drop, I have tried jumping the wire to the + side of
the coil to direct 12v with no change.  The car has a high torque starter
which was installed prior to my ownership but still runs through the stock
starter solenoid.  Any help with be greatly appreciated!

Aloha,

Dennis