[DeTomaso] starting problem

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Sep 26 19:09:26 EDT 2009

Dennis,

Assuming that by "crank but not turn over" you mean "crank but not fire" I had the same symptom when the ballast resistor wasn't bypassed while cranking. I tested it by bypassing the resistor and it then fired right up. If this is what you did I'd next hook up a voltmeter to the coil + while trying to start. Do you really have full voltage while cranking? If not I'd suspect the switch part of the ignition lock. Finally, connect coil + directly to battery + and retry.

Tomas