[DeTomaso] Grp 4 air dam

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 10:11:36 EDT 2009

............I am hoping that I could get to within 3" of the road.
Mark..............

As mounted on 2511, in my POCA album MIke linked to, the clearance is
4 1/2"

This will seldom have any issues with curbs, driveways, etc.

Does not tear off at 125 or so.  155?  I imagine that is dependent on
how well it is mounted.

Despite what I was told by one vendor during his repairs to 2511 after
my off-road-adventure, there IS more than one way to install this
spoiler.

The right way, and the wrong way.

For me the right way is one that lets me drive around town without
tearing it apart on a weekly basis.  The vendor had installed it with
a MUCH greater angle, and it scraped on just about every driveway in
town, including his shop's.

As it follows the contour of the lower valance, you can pretty much
pick your own angle, and clearance.

If you choose to mount it with only 3" of ground clearance, I suggest
you see if Dennis will give you a bulk-buy discount.  Despite it being
ABS plastic and being much more forgiving than the fiberglass version
of this spoiler, you will tear it apart PDQ with such low clearance.

Larry

P.S. - If you call and order from Becky, she will know what you are
seeking if you refer to it as the GTS no-holes ABS spoiler.  Or just
tell her you want the one I have on  2511.  She and I went through a
rather comical episode involving another owner who wanted "the spoiler
in this photo" but returned the spoiler as not being the right one.
The photo was from me. ;-)