[DeTomaso] MANGUSTA ZF FLUID / Dick Ruzzin

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 15:14:25 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/10/09 7:51:08 PM, MikeLDrew writes:

> Can you describe how a Dash-1 is smaller than a Dash-2?  I can't picture
> it, because the top (bottom in a Pantera) cover, and the back cover, and
> the sideplates all interchange, and the overall length is the same.  So can
> you elaborate as to where/how it's smaller?  I'm very curious about it since
> I'd never heard of it before.

Unless you work intimately on ZFs, likely you wouldn't. The dash-1 has a
10-1/2" (1" smaller) dia bellhousing flange with 4 connecting bolts while the
dash-2 has 5 and the flange is over 11-1/2"; the dash-1 clutch cross-shaft
is smaller in diameter and shorter so its   bosses are smaller, the release
fork is smaller, and there are detail differences in the cases themselves
although they are the same length. The dash-1 weighs 12+ lbs while the dash-2
weighs 17. As I said, smaller.... FWIW- J Deryke