[DeTomaso] Update.... still no go.... Re: Clutch woes in Asa's garage

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Sep 6 16:09:17 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/5/09 10:05:13 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> The point is though, it doesn't move back on it's own.  I have a pretty
> darn stiff return spring
> on the slave and the master appears to be returning to rest as well.  So
> my overall problem appears to be the slave not compressing enough to give me
> a long enough throw.

On one slave cylinder at a Nor-Cal tech session, we got the same effect
until we greased up the seal and piston with Girling Rubber Lube, and added the
little plastic thingy at the very bottom of the slave cylinder bore-
missing from the new-OEM slave. Then the thing worked fine. Dunno which fixed it
but al least it doesn't require pulling the ZF.
It really sounds as if something in your system (possibly a mechanical
thing) is flexing under pressure. Good luck- J Deryke