[DeTomaso] head drilling for air release

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 21:46:29 EDT 2009

My 74 GTS came with thin line from the top driver side of radiator that ran in small metal line with main coolant pipes under car and up to fitting on expansion tank.  I presume it was to purge air.  When I restored the car, i couldnt wait to throwit away since it is pretty freakin ugly.  Now as I finally get ready to start the car for the first time, I wonder if I should have.

the fluidyne radiator has a petcock up there, which I will use to bleed air the first time I fill.  I also am putting a sacrificial anode in there to protect the aluminum hopefully over the next 20 years.  wish me luck.  justin