[DeTomaso] head drilling for air release

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 00:02:17 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/3/09 8 30 34, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> If I take the thermostat
> out, I should -see- positive flow in the swirl tank.  If I see the
> flow, then I know there are no restrictions and it supports the idea
> of the thermostat being the culprit.

If you take the thermostat out and it's visibly broken, and/or it fails to
open during a boil test, that supports the idea of the thermostat being the
culprit, without you having to go through the hassle of re-sealing the
thermostat housing, refilling the cooling system, etc. etc.   Much faster and
easier methodology.