[DeTomaso] Rust - does it go away?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:20:19 EDT 2009

The UK has some really aggressive conditions for cars, coastal salt air, rain and salted roads in winter and cars literally rust from the inside out. We used to swear by Waxoyl (waxes suspended in white spirit, where the latter evaporates after application) that you spray liberally into all the chassis rails, rockers etc. I see there is at least one US outlet for it now....

http://www.roversnorth.com/waxoyl/

Anyone who has scraped the 30 yr old hardened bitumastic off the underside of their Pantera will know that stuff is the worst water retainer and rust promoter ever.

Julian