[DeTomaso] Pantera content - dual disc clutches

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 13:00:25 EST 2009

Will, on your Centerforce clutch - is it a 10-1/2" made for Mustangs or an
11" assembly? I know both are used and both can be made to fit a Pantera by
redrilling or replacing the flywheel, but I don't know if the clutch cover
assembly is different on the 11". I hadn't heard of ANY interferences with
Centerforce units. Sounds like those sliding weights get VERY close to the
bellhousing 'cause the plastic piece only protrudes a little ways inside.
Incidently, that 'inspection hole' also lets out hot air from around the friction
surfaces, so covering the hole is not a good idea if you drive the car
hard. THanks- J Deryke