[DeTomaso] Cooling system hose questions

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri May 29 13:15:49 EDT 2009

Fan blades or turbocharger impellers don't scoop air; the aerodynamic shape
and the effect is much more complex than that. Basically, they create a low
pressure area that Nature attempts to fill by rapidly flowing air into the
space created. The Flexilite blades must be more aerodynamic than the stock
fan blades, because of the much larger volume of air they move using roughly
the same amount of electrical power. My old tests on stock pusher-fans
showed that each stock fan moved roughly 300 cubic feet per minute while the
advertised volume of one plastic Flexilte is 1200 c.f.m.
Note that neither stock nor Flexilite fan will deliver its max airflow
unless the stock wiring is cleaned up. Wiring either fan motor direct to a
battery will show a visible increase in motor speed and thus air volume moved.
FWIW- J Deryke