[DeTomaso] Transmission Problems

Cato Treasurer catonews at gmail.com
Sat May 23 03:02:49 EDT 2009

I just pulled my 72 out of storage after about 6 months. It ran fine when I
put it away but of course now there are problems.  Although it started right
up, it wouldn't go in reverse (grinding noise).  I had to shut it off, and
then it shifted right in.  I started it up and the car started to creep
backwards even though the clutch was fully depressed.  I tried to put it in
1st but again it wouldn't go into gear.  I shut the engine down again and it
shifted right in.  I started the engine and it again creeped forward.  I had
the clutch replaced about 1000 miles ago so I find it hard to believe its
shot already.  I'm thinking the clutch just needs to be adjusted but not
sure how I do that.  Any ideas?