[DeTomaso] Front Spindle Nut replacement

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue Mar 31 03:14:06 EDT 2009

The spindle threads are 18x1.5 mm. Same period Fiats use the same nuts.
I bought nuts of the crimp lock type and cut six notches in the collar
to make them castle nuts. Drilling the spindle was surprisingly easy. I
drilled two holes at 90 degrees from each other giving me 12 adjustment
steps per turn or .125 mm of axial movement per step.

Tomas