[DeTomaso] Front Spindle Nut replacement

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 12:58:16 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/30/09 9:36:43 PM, Pantera007 at provamo.com writes:

> I personally have not verified which "Pantera" spindle this GM part fits.
> Anyone know the thread
> size and pitch???

18mm x 1.5. FWIW, most Panteras seem to have right hand threaded spindles on
both sides. I was under the impression that only early cars had left and
right-hand threaded front spindles, but knowing DeTomaso never threw anything away
that he could sell, I'm not surprised to find possibly left-over parts on a
'73. Also possibly, it might be a replacement spindle to fix previous-owner
damage. FWIW- J Deryke