[DeTomaso] Front Spindle Nut replacement

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org Pantera007 at provamo.com
Tue Mar 31 00:36:12 EDT 2009

I've written an article on the various versions of spindles (5+).

It is finished, (and Mike Drew has reviewed it) but I'm not able to
edit my website, and make it available... until the new editing software
arrives.

Don's Wiki lists a '98 GM as being a cross reference.  I personally have not
verified which "Pantera" spindle this GM part fits.  Anyone know the thread
size and pitch???

I did get a nut from Quella, which fit one of the Pantera spindles... just
not the one on my car; he then sent the correct one.
Chuck

Help Needed:  I am rebuilding my suspension on my 73.  I had all the
suspension pieces powder coated and I am putting things back together.  I
would like to replace the front spindle nuts with a castle nut, so that I
can cotter pin the nuts to the spindle.  I have noticed that one spindle is
right hand thread and one is left hand thread.  Any ideas where I can find
the castle nuts in both right and and left hand thread??  I do realize I
have to drill the spindle for the cotter pin.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.
17:56:00