[DeTomaso] windsor vrs cleveland lower hose

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 15:55:16 EST 2009

In answer to Rich's question sunday,yes the lower hose that goes to the water pump is the same one for windsor or cleveland.The upper hose that goes to the surge tank is different.The upper comes from the intake manifold not the block like a cleveland.On a side note i did not have good luck with the metal pipe the vendors sell for the windsor conversion.The one they sell blocks off the bypass.With this style there is no water flow by the thermostat and the motor get really warm before it opens.I changed to a swivel water outlet from CSR in 1 &1/4 from Summit or Jegs(cant remember).With a Dodge Neon lower hose that you cut the length down.The hose is 1&1/4 by 1&3/8 and it works perfectly.I think it took all of 5 minutes to bleed the air if there was any.I can post the part #s later when i get a chance to go thru my receipts.