[DeTomaso] Concorso alternative

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 13:38:41 EST 2009

After the dismal Marina airport event, some of the other Italian
marques (ours included)
began to organize an event that would not feel
like a ricer-gathering-at-the-mall event.

It is now finalized,
about the same time Concorso is telling us THEY are sorry about last
year
and intend to return to a nicer venue.

Soooo, we will have TWO Friday Italian car events.

Concorso
Italiano - early bird registration is now up to $125 from $75 last
year. Admits two people
IN the car. Location? A golf course to be
announced soon.

Link - www.concorso.com

La
Dolce Vita - early bird registration is $50 per car, additional
persons IN the car for $25.
Held on the driving range at the Black Horse
Golf Course (old Concorso course, new section).

Link - http://www.montereybayconcours.com/

I don't know which will get MY registration.

I'll
have to see which one has the best fashion show, is displaying the most
boats, and can
come up with a replacement for the now-defunct Lambo
Orange county girls.

I have also heard about 200 of the
dancing-donkey boys have moved out to The Quail event in
Carmel Valley
- sure will miss them...

Larry