[DeTomaso] cooling system bleeding

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 01:57:04 EDT 2009

Asa Jay,

Compressed air flows thru a Venturi in the tool and this creates a  vacuum
which removes the air from the cooling system. Makes no difference if
thermostats or heater controls are open or closed. When the system shows a
suitable vacuum level, the vacuum valve on the tool is closed and  the coolant
valve is opened. The coolant is forced by atmospheric pressure  from a
container in which the supply hose (with mesh filter) has been placed to
completely fill the cooling system. The supply container must contain the amount  of
fluid required to fill the system and keep the supply hose to the tool
submerged.

Do not doubt that the compressed air/Venturi can pull a good  vacuum. I
helped another Pantera owner pull a vacuum on his AC system using a  compressed
air/Venturi adapter from Harbor Freight and the vacuum gauge showed  that
it worked just fine.

Harbor Freight sold a similar coolant filling unit as "Universal  Coolant
Check/Fill Model 65183." I have one of these units. Very nicely made,  but
not currently listed in their online catalog.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

**************It's raining cats and dogs -- Come to PawNation, a place