[DeTomaso] cooling system bleeding

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 01:30:03 EDT 2009

We used to call these 'eductors' when I worked in a lab. High velocity air
(or water) rushing past an orifice sucks more air from the orifice, creating
a vacuum. Sort of like those hand-pumped garden spray guns your grandfather
used to kill weeds and mosquitoes. We used a simpler version to
vacuum-filter chemicals. No reason why it wouldn't pull some entrained air out of the
cooling system, but I don't think it could affect water in the block much
until the thermostat opened, it being at a system high-point. I'd like to hear
from anyone that tries one, too. FWIW- J Deryke