[DeTomaso] Difference between an aluminum radiator and one thatis black

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jun 26 14:49:46 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/26/09 10:08:25 AM, Pantera007 at provamo.com writes:

> I have the standard brass radiator, and I did not have to cut away the
> front side stock fan mounts.  This may only be required when installing a
> (thicker) aluminum radiator.

It also depends on how much you lay the rad forward. Ours is at a 45 degree
angle- about the max possible without serious cutting. That means our top
shroud is only 2" wide. But why wouldn't you want to clear all that debris
out of the way? Air doesn't like flowing around obstructions, and done
carefully, the mounts can be returned to stock with an hour's extra work. Strange-
J Deryke