[DeTomaso] Difference between an aluminum radiator and one thatis black

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Fri Jun 26 13:17:28 EDT 2009

I changed to an Aluminum radiator very early in my ownership of 5533.
I had initially replaced a leaking brass with a replacement brass,
that we found had a crack in a fitting, so I immediately moved to a
Fluidyne.

I continued to have overheating problems at low speeds, including
massive volcanic boil-overs.  I've also found the fans mis-wired, not
connected, bad hoses and other problems.  It may be I have a deeper
problem in the engine, but I've used a block checking solution for
exhaust gases in the coolant; nothing to report there.  So I don't
really have any explanations for my overheating, other than circulation.

I believe the crux of my problem is the design as most folks have
pointed out.  This is why I am trying to do the best things possible
in the entire system.

Wish me luck.
Asa Jay