[DeTomaso] Difference between an aluminum radiator and one thatis black

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jun 26 02:47:46 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/25/09 1:27:45 PM, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> I also seem to remember something about the fact that the hibachi grills
> are attractive, but not located where they will actaully evacuate hot air?

Correct as far as we know; they seem to work best above about 40 mph- where
no Panteras have cooling issues. Besides that, the surface area of the dual
hibachis are too small relative to the surface area of the radiator to
exhaust any significant volume of hot air. Most goes down under the
aerodynamically-shaped front trunk floor and on underneath the car, with some exhausting
out through the wheel wells (but not much according to the amount of spray
thrown out there in rainy weather). FWIW- J Deryke