[DeTomaso] Difference between an aluminum radiator and one thatis black

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org Pantera007 at provamo.com
Fri Jun 26 13:08:05 EDT 2009

Excellent idea! Mine is a laydown Fluidyne, but remember, there's no
cooling advantage to one style or the other. Its the aluminum radiator that makes
the difference, not its position. Mounting it as a stock stand-up makes it a
little more difficult to hook up the hoses and the fan thermostat wires,
and if you also change to high air flow shrouded dual Flexilite sucker fans as
I did, the installation of the fans is also difficult, but it can all be
done in the stand-up mode. I've not spoken to anyone on how things worked out
changing to an aluminum radiator and keeping the old pusher fans.
The laydown radiator makes things quite a bit easier to hook hoses and the
more efficient shrouded fans on the backside but requires you to cut away
the stock pusher fan mounts, as the forward-leaning radiator will hit the old
mounts even with the motors and fans removed.

away the front side stock fan mounts.  This may only be required when installing
a (thicker) aluminum radiator.