[DeTomaso] Gary Hall

jefude at bellsouth.net jefude at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 18 18:25:27 EDT 2009

The Pantera community has truly lost a dear friend.  Gary Hall was my Pantera mentor when I purchased #4060 back in the mid 70’s. He spent countless phone time with me answering newbie/stupid questions.  My parts purchases were mostly cosmetic. Gary did not make a lot of money on his time spent with me.

I had the pleasure of visiting the original shop in Bellflower and meeting Gary and Bev in person. Their hospitality included taking me home for a family dinner. I will always remember the great time I had with them.

I sold my first Pantera and it was over 10 years before I had reason to talk to Gary again. As I began the search for my second Pantera Gary again was my Pantera mentor. He re educated me on what to look for and coached me through my inspections. He was always accessible and always patient with my myriad of questions.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Pantera community would not be what it is today without all of the hard work and effort Gary Hall.

Rest in Peace.

Jeff