[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 59, Issue 18-Camero-Ford

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 15:27:50 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/18/09 9:11:11 AM, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> I had a little fun leaving the Reno garage going down the hill as my
> vacuum on my car is not the best (big solid lifter cam) so at low speeds and
> cold the booster does not work real well... so I had to stand on the brakes a
> little more than usual

Suggestion, Bob: the blown steet-rod guys and those with Webers (both are
vacuum-challenged), often use a vacuum reservoir cannister in line with the
power booster, to 'store' more vacuum at low engine speeds. Small, simple,
cheap and lightweight, and seems to work. Glad you finished the event with the
engine running this year! Cheers- J Deryke