[DeTomaso] ABS Calipers vs. NON-ABS Calipers

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Wed Jun 17 10:51:28 EDT 2009

4382 has original calipers (never even rebuilt, hard to believe but thats what the previous
owner told me). So thats one of the priority projects on the list and frankly I don't want to
allot of money on rebuilding the original calipers and potentially spending as much or more vs.
just replacing the caliper with a better unit. I've considering changing calipers (looked at what
Chris Difani did) and was curious if there is a difference between ABS and Non-ABS actuated calipers?
Or is the only difference on an ABS system the master cylinder, rotors and sensors?

Thanks

Tom Borcich