[DeTomaso] More time to plan

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jun 7 22:25:06 EDT 2009

Dear Asa,

              You wrote:

" First way, you machine flat the pedastal
 mounts on the head, then drill and tap to accept the proper size stud.
 You add guideplates and use hardened pushrods.  This method is very
 spendy -if- you can find a machine shop to do it. "

$$$$$$$$$$      As best as I can figure, I have had four sets of heads machined for studs and roller rockers.   I am an engine neophyte, but it didn't seem to be a problem finding local help.    Now given that I have tumbled into the Ford oriented local circle track machine engine shop may have something to do with it, but based on my limited experience, I would not expect to have much trouble finding a competent machine shop to complete such work.   Is this expertise really that rare in your experience?

                  Curious,  Chuck Engles