[DeTomaso] More time to plan

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jun 7 22:40:31 EDT 2009

The experience may be rare, but many machine shops will be glad to take
it on, at a price that usually deters most folks.  Finding a shop that
does this on a regular basis, like you have found, in my opinion is a
rare occurrence.  As usual, it depends on where you are and what skills
are local.  There used to be a fair sized contingent in Spokane that
machined 351C stuff on a regular basis, but that was 10 years ago.

The difficulty is the valves are canted, not all in the same plane, so
it's a multiple angle set up they have to do twice.  Last time I priced
it was about $300 per head, which I thought to be a bit ridiculous.

Your mileage may vary,
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie