[DeTomaso] shift linkage adjustment

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 02:26:57 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/4/09 6:17:50 PM, tpoemer at gmail.com writes:

> Is turning the turnbuckle the easiest way to adjust the shift linkage?
> Mine may never have been moved. Are the threads normal.....right to tight,
> left to loosen?

Tom, I've never been able to budge either end of my turnbuckle either. I
make all my adjustments with the depth of the splines into the rear u-joint at
the ZF shifter box. It takes a surprisingly small movement to make quite a
difference at the stick. That's been enough to recenter the stick while
shifting the whole powertrain backwards 3/4". Good luck on your long drive in- J
Deryke