[DeTomaso] vendor expansion tank ports

Lee Farrell lee_farrell at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 18 15:13:24 EST 2009

Looking for some advice:

I bought a cooling expansion tank from Hall.   The 2 nipples are ~1/4 inch, rather than 5/8.   Besides the hassle of interfacing to the 5/8 pressure bottle with one port, it seems to me that this is too small for the top/expansion port.   If you overheat, 1/4 inch seems way to small to divert the exploding water out the top to the line, whose point is to carry all the water behind the rear wheel.  And is 1/4 enough for the flow between the tanks???

Does anyone have a SS tank from another vendor?   did they all switch to 1/4 inch?   Is 1/4 inch ok?

(the tank is also taller and somewhat smaller diameter   arggghhh)

thanks

lee farrell