[DeTomaso] rusting issues

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 23 19:06:00 EST 2009

Yes, but....

I had a 67 Mustang in the Dallas area stripped to the metal.  It sat in my garage for maybe 2 years, with no primer, no oil, just the dust from the soda blasting.  It no rustie - 'cept for the part where the neighbor cat marked it.  Later that afternoon, I reinvented the catapult.  Problem solved.

The only rusting I've noticed on my car in Houston is the 12-point ARP bolt holding my air filter on.  It always rusts, but then again, it's sitting in a little birdbath when it rains.

I'm sure there's rusting going on, but I don't see any on the bellhousing bolts, the starter bolts, the carburetor studs, the intake bolts, the water pump bolts (the heads, some of the shafts rust), and so on.  It just doesn't seem to be an issue.  And I drive my car - a lot - 'cept for 2008.